Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 1

So the rest of my day was okay, actually it was pretty damn good in the standard of the world of depression.  I ate three meals today, managed to actually get dressed and have a lovely dinner with my husband at Longhorn's.  Funny we were sitting there, engrossed in our conversation eating our appetizer when the waitress approaches and says, how sorry she is, she completely forgot to put our dinner into the computer and they are just now starting this.  This then involves the manager Dee, who comes over apologizes profusely and offers to not only comp our meal but pay for any drinks, desserts or whatever we wanted.  Was a great dinner, and it had only been like 20 minutes that we were waiting....such a gracious manager, when our dinner did arrive the owner himself delivered it and again apologized.  I love an establishment that takes such pride in customer service as they do.  I had a fabulous bacon and white cheddar stuffed filet, if you haven't tried it, you must, it's delicious!  Mike had a prime rib with double mashed, he has such a simple palate and very rarely will stray from his simple meat and potatoes meal.  We even managed to run around Walmart for a bit after dinner to pick up things for tomorrow night New Year's Eve.  Just gonna do a simple snack night for us, kids are out.  Should be a good time, provided I can find the energy to actually cook the food we have purchased.  Planning on cleaning the house tomorrow ~ I'll let you know how that goes, hopefully it's a success.  Well I've had enough of this day, so I'll see ya tomorrow.  Much love, peace and happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment